Constituted on the 19th November 1754 and receiving its charter from The Grand Lodge of Scotland, we are now celebrating over 250 years of Freemasonry in Inverkeithing or Innerkeithing as it was originally called. At the first officially minuted meeting of the Lodge on the 10th January 1755, 17 members were present when The Charter of Confiliation and Erection from Grand Lodge was read out. Those original Freemasons of Lodge 60 were:
 

Master:Henry Cunningham
Depute Master: John Cunningham

Warden: William Mitchell
Warden: William Walker
Treasurer: Hugh Grandistin
Secretary: Robert Duncan                
Steward: Kenneth McLennan
Officer: James Husband

Other members present at that inaugural meeting were George Kellock, George Kemp, Colin Sharp, John Kirkcaldie, George Sim, Andre Deall, Andrew Tulloch, John Munro Jnr., and George Munro. It is currently unknown where the first meetings were held, but from May 1755, they were held on the middle storey in the house of Colin Sharp a surgeon and member.
      
In 1909 Bro. Provost Niven generously donated the land for the first Lodge in Inverkeithing. Work commenced at a cost of 523 pounds 3 shillings and 6 pence, and members moved into the Lodge at 7 Hill Street seen here on left of the picture on the 27th February 1913.

Lodge St.John 60 Inverkeithing

17 Hope Street

Inverkeithing

KY11 1LW

© 2018 by Lodge St. John No 60 Inverkeithing